Thanks to the lovely Alex over at Louise Amablis blog (she makes incredible dresses y’know?!…) I’ve been given an award – well two. I think. Is that how it works Alex? Hope so. Anyway, I was very excited because it’s always nice when your blog gets a little recognition, so thanks Alex!
I won’t babble on for too long because my answers will be long enough no doubt, however, for the benefit of the bloggers I will be subsequently tagging here are the rules….
The Rules for the Blog Award Backlog are to state 7 random things about yourself and nominate 15 other bloggers (I nominated ten…oops!), and the rules for the Liebster Award are the following….
1. Each person must post 11 things about themselves (I did 7 – again, sorry!)
2. Answer the questions that the tagger set for you plus create 11 questions for the people you’ve tagged to answer.
3. Choose 11 (yeah, I choose 10 – I’m clearly terrible at this) and link them in your post.
4. Go to their page and tell them.
5. No tag backs!
Make sense? Cool.
Alrighty then, onto the questions in, erm, question.
Oh, and thank goodness Alex changed the number of interesting things from 18 to 11 – I had enough trouble coming up with this lot.
Let’s do the Liebster first.
1. What’s your greatest skill?
I’m excellent at making cocktails.
2. What’s your favorite movie?
This is sooo hard. I am a total movie buff, nerd, geek, whatever and like different movies for different reasons. I’ve never miss an opportunity to watch A League Of Their Own – literally makes me sob everytime. Same with Parenthood – I love that movie. Oooh, and Weekend at Bernies. Hang on, can I throw in a few Hitchcocks too? The Birds, Rear Window. Ack, I’m forgetting E.T. and Jaws. Oh Lordy, how could I leave out UP!! Yeah, that’s it. UP. Or maybe The Shining.Wait, did I just totally leave out all my Tim Burton and Woody Allen favourites? Lets abandon this question.
3. Do you have any pet peeves?
Too many. Arrogance is my main one though.
4. Describe yourself as a teen:
Book reading, film watching, vintage loving, music playing nerd with a penchant for writing.
5. What’s the craziest thing you’ve ever done? (and don’t mind sharing
After a night out (and one too many beers) I went to the airport with a group of friends and we hopped on the first plane to Ireland.
6. Who was your childhood celebrity crush?
River Phoenix. So predictable I know but I loved that guy. What a talent. What a waste.
7. What is your dream job?
I don’t believe there is a dream job but right now I desperately want to work at a magazine or paper.
8. Who is your favorite band/artist/actor?
Oh gosh, here we go again. Band? The Beatles. Artist? Jeff Koons. Actor? Gene Wilder.
9. Do you have any regrets?
Not really although part of me wishes I had gone to Drama School earlier. I might’ve had more time to gamble with then and wouldn’t have had to make a decision to leave the profession without having achieved everything I’d hoped to.
10.If you could live anywhere in the world where would it be and why?
We really loved being in Chicago and would happily have settled there but if I were to return to the States I would definitely want to live on the West Coast, near the ocean – I LOVE the ocean.
11.If you could change one thing about your personality what would it be?
I’m terribly opinionated, which can make life hard for me….and others, ahem. I do have some filter but I can be very direct at times. Always said with a good heart though and never aggressively;)
Seven Random Things…..1. I have small feet. UK 3/US 5 2. Food is on my mind most of the time. 3. I love animals. They melt my heart. I desperately want a rescue pet. 4. I never go to bed with my make-up on. Ever. No matter how tired, no matter how drunk, the make-up comes off. 5. The Sopranos is my favourite tv show of all time. 6. I like to wave watch. 7. I love to boogie. Give me a dance floor, a bit of music and I’m a happy girl.
And the awards go to….
I’ve selected ten blogs – a mixture of food and fashion. For the people I tagged, feel free to select up to 11 but if you’d rather have less that’s totally cool.
Your questions are as follows:
1. What’s your greatest achievement?
2. Best gig you’ve ever been to?
3. Favourite Holiday spot?
4. Divulge one of your greatest fashion/beauty tips.
5. Which cartoon did you like most as a child?
6. If you could only eat one food what would it be?
7. What is your main hope for the future?
8. Are you religious?
9. Heels or flats?
10. Best city you ever visited?
11. What is your favourite era?